Health Administration PressClick Buy Now for Updated Price. Estimated Price: $90.00 Free Shipping
Long-term care is one of the fastest-growing segments in the healthcare industry. Societal changes, including the aging of the boomers and an evolution in attitudes toward aging and retirement, will continue to propel long-term care issues to the forefront.
With an emphasis on the trends and developments that are transforming long-term care, this book introduces readers to the options available in care settings, programs, and services. The second half of the book relates aspects of management – including leadership, human resources, marketing, regulatory and legal issues, and financing – to long-term care.
The authors emphasize the need for flexibility in the long-term care system, recognizing that consumers may need different combinations of services and settings as they age. The importance of technology in care provision is also highlighted.
- Residential, home, and community-based care services
- Cultural diversity and the delivery of services
- Chronic illness, with a focus on Alzheimer’s and related dementias
- Hospice, palliative, and end-of-life care
- Consumer education and technology as self-help tools
- The design of long-term care facilities
- Management issues – human resources, marketing, legal, and ethical issues
- Long-term care financing sources
- Regulation of long-term care providers
Used Book in Good Condition
Click Buy Now for Updated Price. Estimated Price: 90.00
Originally posted 2019-12-02 18:50:46. Republished by Blog Post Promoter